Monday 26 September 2011

Okay, FIRST OFFICIAL LECTURE

HI EVERYBODY. Right, that's the pleasantries out of the way now, so we can embark on the 'nitty gritty' - namely that I had my very first lecture!

Well, it wasn't exactly brain-engaging but what can you really expect? After all, it's only the first official day of term. The lecture served as a brief introduction to Key Concepts, a Media Studies ran course that seems to question everything about the media from who wears what and why, to who's sleeping with the head of the advertising agency to get the best deal for their 'respected' publication.

Really though, this is just the half-way point, as in 45 minutes I have to attend my first seminar, which, as a vague guess, I would imagine contains some useful information and is merely little more than an introduction to one of the key themes of the course. Apparently advertising agencies are evil; they're killing Blue Peter's dogs and slaughtering innocent old ladies who try to buy their items. Target audience 'n' all that.

I'm currently sat here in the Learning Cafe on my lonesome, hoping that someone from my course will appear, presumably with a god-like light surrounding them, in my time of need. Hopefully they could offer me some of their student loan because typically, mine did not arrive on time. This would have been a mere hinderence as I'm not exactly spending my money on food and bills, but I need a new pair of glasses (mine fell apart at the park and ride earlier) and there's a very important product (that all the advertisers have drummed into me that I need) hitting the shelves on Friday. Fifa 12. I'm told it's the best football game ever and that it makes the 'beautiful game' at least eleventy thousand times more beautiful. Not that they say that every year, of course. Regardless, I've fallen for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog - it is good fun but deals with important subjectys as well.

    ReplyDelete