Friday 6 December 2013

WINOL: Week Nine 27/11/13





This week I produced a package for WINOL and one for Access Winchester.

My Access package was on 'selfies' as the term had just been given the title of 'word of the year.' I went to Bournemouth on the day they switched on their Christmas lights, aiming to take as many selfies with people as possible, trying to find out just how popular the word is.

The experiment was a failure but I think that this worked out to my advantage. I was able to use this a as a catalyst to go up in a hot air balloon to take some selfies.

There was some discussion about how to present the piece and in the end we settled on cutting it into two parts - my selfie quest being the first and the hot air balloon as the second. This meant a bit of a rejig with the voice over so I re-recorded it.

Overall I was pleased with this package although there was a technical issue in that the footage was very grainy. I managed to get round this by applying the black and white filter.

The second package was a lot more difficult because of time constraints. Two and a half hours before we went live I was asked to produce a package for the BJTC awards which were happening. This meant collecting together the nominated packages and putting them into a VT.

The awards were ongoing and we didn't receive all of the information until half an hour before the deadline which meant a quick voice over recording and sound edit was needed. It was an adrenaline rush but I beat the deadline and I'm happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment