Friday 6 December 2013

WINOL: Week Seven 13/11/13


This week I reverted back to my previous role as a sports reporter as I had gained access to interview former England, Southampton and Middlesborough midfielder, David Armstrong. He was doing promotional work for his new book at AFC Totton. As I had made good contacts there last season I put in some phone calls and managed to arrange a 15 minute interview.

The interview itself went well although I was a little bit disappointed with the location. It wouldn't have been so bad if I'd decorated it a little bit but at the end of the day it was just an office. I would have happily interviewed him pitch side but the issue was that there was a youth team match going on so A) there would've been a lot of legal problems and B) the sound would've been awful.

In the interview we discussed his book, who would take over at Tony Mowbray at Boro and how well the Saints were performing at the time. He was a very good talker, having worked as an analyst for Southampton games for a number of years. So far it has a combined number of over 200 hits on YouTube with the full interview having been put on WINOL, SportsWeek and my own website, with a snippet of it also going out to a separate website I write for: The Sports Review.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/11/southampton-lallana-lambert-rodriguez/

Angus commented saying that he enjoyed the interview but suggested that the black and white shot wasn't needed. I put it there to add some variation over the 15 minutes.

Claudia Murg also picked up on the issue of the location but I explained that the office was the only place I could do it. For later interviews I'll try to dress it up a  little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment