Friday 6 December 2013

WINOL: Week Eight 20/11/13



My news story this week was more of a PR push for Beaulieu National Motor Museum than a news story as such so I turned it into a feature for Access Winchester.

Students at Solent University had created a game for the Xbox 360 that enables you to piece together four cars from around the museum into a custom racer which you then had to race around a track, vying for the best lap time.

The opening piece to camera is well framed, sticking to the rule of thirds and with a Ferrari Formula One car on the wall behind me, but due to the radio microphones playing up I was standing still. The original plan was to walk through the museum but I didn't want the gun mic in shot so I opted not to do that.

The issue I had was that the images that I filmed looked like stills. I filmed all four cars on the game but it looked a little bland, so I put an effect and some moves on my footage to add a bit more life. I was aiming for the 'Top Gear' feel which I would have been able to achieve had the cars been moving.

The game itself was disappointing and hard to film. I chose to use a shot from behind of me playing it but I'm not sure that it worked particularly well.

Overall I feel that I did all I could with the story but I'm a little bit unhappy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment