Friday 6 December 2013

WINOL: Week Ten 4/12/13







So here it is - the last ever WINOL (for me...)

This week I produced three packages - a report on the retirement of the Chief whip, a review of the Playstation 4 and an interview with Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier.

To get the interview with Le Tissier I managed to call in the same contacts I used to get the interview with David Armstrong at AFC Totton. I primarily went there to get him to take part in my dissertation project, Football vs. Philosophy, but also asked him a question on one of the biggest football stories of the week - Michel Platini's plans to introduce sin-bins to football. This went up on the WINOL site today.

My review on the Playstation 4 was a lot more difficult to film than I expected due to poor lighting. The only way I could get enough light was to shoot it with a high gain setting which looks a little naff. The end product looks good despite this. I used footage of me using the system to demonstrate the new camera's abilities and used footage from YouTube for the three games I reviewed under fair dealing.

The Chief whip story was given to me on the Monday - I wasn't in the news conference that week as my work for WINOL had already been completed but Spence had nobody willing to take on possibly the biggest story in the bulletin. It's completely off-beat for me but I thought why not? I hadn't done a politics story in my time on WINOL but it turned out to be one of my best. The graphic took a while to throw together but the end result was good. The only thing I would change is that I would add an interview but I couldn't get one with him. The sound mix was poor at the start but I've fixed that since the bulletin has gone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment